This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page: 1, 2, 3
Coronavirus Preparedness and Precaution Measure 
For the safety of our staff members and our residents I am proposing an immediate and temporary suspension of Club House rentals until April 15, 2020. We would evaluate situation post April 15, 2020.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:09 am
Hi!

These are valid concerns. Other concerns I have are:

1. Should events be canceled/ postponed- Spring Fling and Rummage Sale. Per Dept of Health each organizer has the option of hosting or canceling. She said we should contact our local representative for more info. I have emailed Councilman Viera.
2. Should the Beach Club be limited to CDD business only to reduce exposure to Staff?
3. I called several gyms in the area and they wipe down all equipment every 30 minutes- we aren't staffed for this
- Just got off the phone with the Department of Health and she said that we need to do "thorough sanitization" of our equipment but she didn't have any documentation about what exactly that is defined as. She said we may need to close it if we are not staffed for "thorough sanitization"
4. If schools are canceled- we should put a plan in place so that staff can be home with their children
5. I'm not sure if our attendants are students- since universities are switching to virtual classes- some of our attendants may be heading home to their families
6. We may face the same situation with our security being understaffed. One option to minimize exposure to our security and plan for less staff is to move the Morris Bridge gate to only the virtual guard and have the CC gate staffed. (John has supplied our guards with gloves to help protect them from all the id cards they touch)

As soon as I hear from Councilman Viera I will post a follow-up. I also will send Chuck a copy of this so he stays in the loop.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:12 am
Hello.

I just wanted to provide some information from the office standpoint.

1. There has been some concern from residents about the event this Saturday, Breakfast with Critters. I have had a few people already cancel due to other public events being closed. In order to notify my animal vendor....I would need to know asap if we plan on keeping this event or rescheduling/canceling.
2. All of our attendants and assistant staff are currently enrolled in college. I am contacting each one to see if they require some time off to return to their families.
3. In preparation, I have compiled a list of all the rentals for the rest of March and up to April 15th. There are currently 7 rentals that would have to be contacted. The list includes their contact information so that staff can quickly and efficiently notify each rental of the closure.
4. Spring Festival - this event could not be rescheduled. The vendor that we have a close relationship with and use at most outside events, books their events almost a year in advance. They would not have another opening that would fit.
5. Rummage Sale - this event could be rescheduled. Changes and notices to the rest of the Tampa Bay area could be made via social media and word of mouth.

This is just information to help everyone make an informed decision. I hope it helps!

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:36 am
Hi!

I think we should cancel Breakfast with Critters. I'm watching the news and it seems all public events are canceling or prohibiting the public from attending.

The Councilman is currently at the press conference so I am not expecting a reply immediately.

I'm ok with canceling the Spring Filing and rummage sale if it keeps our residents safe but would like to hear feedback from Supervisors.

Amanda, can you please reach out to the other supervisors and ask them to engage on the Sunshine Board so that we are able to make a decision?

Thanks!

I will keep you posted as I get updates.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:30 am
Work Remotely

I also wanted to ask the Supervisors about your thoughts about letting Staff work remotely- should the need arise. We have the ability to forward calls and access our systems remotely which would allow our staff to continue to work from home and residents the ability to interact with staff. The only things staff would not be able to do is issue barcodes and enter fingerprints.

Amanda already has the month scheduled out and could easily transition everyone to a "virtual office"

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:40 am
Gov. Desantis just commented that he urges all municipalities to cancel mass gatherings and if there is a gathering that all attendees are screened prior to entering event. He has also asked that governmental employees work remotely- if possible.

In light of that, I recommend we cancel events and allow staff to work remotely.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:52 am
1st let me answer Sid's email I'm in agreement we should cancel all Club House planned events at least thru April 15th.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:42 pm
I just wanted to provide some information from the office standpoint.

1. There has been some concern from residents about the event this Saturday, Breakfast with Critters. I have had a few people already cancel due to other public events being closed. In order to notify my animal vendor....I would need to know asap if we plan on keeping this event or rescheduling/canceling.

I would agree with canceling this and any events thru April 15th

2. All of our attendants and assistant staff are currently enrolled in college. I am contacting each one to see if they require some time off to return to their families.
If this is the case I'd recommend we consider closing the pool for perhaps 2 weeks?

3. In preparation, I have compiled a list of all the rentals for the rest of March and up to April 15th. There are currently 7 rentals that would have to be contacted. The list includes their contact information so that staff can quickly and efficiently notify each rental of the closure.
I suggest we cancel thru April 15th

4. Spring Festival - this event could not be rescheduled. The vendor that we have a close relationship with and use at most outside events, books their events almost a year in advance. They would not have another opening that would fit.

What date is this event? If we cannot reschedule it is up to the rest of the board members. I suggest cancel if this is for everyone's safety

5. Rummage Sale - this event could be rescheduled. Changes and notices to the rest of the Tampa Bay area could be made via social media and word of mouth.
Yes reschedule

This is just information to help everyone make an informed decision. I hope it helps!

Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:51 pm
Thanks Jorge!

We also need to address the upcoming CDD meeting- should we cancel it as well?

Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:55 pm
Amanda can you please check with Chuck and determine if we can have a remote meeting next weeks CDD Meeting? We can have dial in and residents can join as well.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:58 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Go to page: 1, 2, 3

Search for: